Monday, June 27, 2011

What's on the desk without pictures...

This isn't on my desk.. it's already sold but I'm really happy how it turned out.. it's 2 pieces of glass wrapped together with sterling wire. I might have to try more of these....

A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. --Mark Twain

I love that quote! I love Mark Twain. Not only is he considered one of the great (if not THE great) American writers he's darn fun to quote.

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. --Mark Twain

I'm very pleased that this weekend I'll be in Mark Twain land (specifically Hannibal MO) for Tom Sawyer Days selling my jewelry. Among very kewl events like a fence painting contest and frog jumping races they have a 3 day art show at the park.

Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get. --Mark Twain

Currently it's forecasting rain for much of the weekend. Ugh. More rain.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. --Mark Twain

I of course choose to hope for the best, and NO RAIN. It could happen!!

I can live for two months on a good compliment. --Mark Twain

I sold something on Artfire! woot!! to a total stranger!! I love it. This is what sold...

Today not very productive in the studio. My desk is covered with an order of Aluminum rings for chainmail. Unfortunately they didn't label them. So I am trying to mark each package with it's size. Which of them is 16GA 1/4 ID vs. 16GA 7/32 ID? this is harder than it sounds. ID stands for Inside dimension, expressed as a part of an inch. So what I'm really comparing is is 8/32Th to 7/32Th. Suddenly I think I need bi-focals. UGH!



No comments: