Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's your favorite number?



I was listening to NPR at my "money" job which is something I do most every day. I didn't catch the website, but one of the guests is running a survey on what is your favorite number ( I just did a net search for it, and couldn't find an active site for it... go figure..) He is finding so far that about 10% of the population doesn't have one.

Now I've had a favorite number since I was 7, and it is 7. My birthday is the 7Th ( Of October, for those who wish to send me a gift..lol), it's a prime number, it looks kewl and that year was and is very special to me.

That was the first year I didn't spend a chunk of time in the hospital. I'm not going to go into details, but as a child I was very sick and nearly died more than once. I had my last hospital visit and episode right before I turned 7.

I can remember dancing around the house as a 7 year old playing with this pipe that was shaped like the number 7, singing a song I made up about how wonderful 7 is.

I don't sing and dance about 7 anymore but it's still my favorite number. I actually use it when making jewelry... when I string I often end up making repeat patterns based on that number.

In the necklace above, I have 7 pearls leading up from the pendant before the crystals. I doubt I did it on purpose, but there you go.

So what's your favorite number, and why?

No comments: