Monday, April 30, 2012

How things change

I work at the phone company.  So when We recently ran around buying up old electronics and tins to make jewelry from, Jerry insisted we buy a old phone too. 

I'm glad he did... the brass base on this piece comes from that dismantled phone.

I added a nice vintage crystal that fit perfectly in a brass cup attached to the back plate, and some cogs/gears and crystals.  i love how it looks... and it's such a strange shaped piece of metal, I adore that.

I occurs to me looking at it that while I find the innards of the phone to be strange, in another 10 years ( assuming if not now) how the phone looked on the outside will look just as strange to the kids.

People are growing up right now with cell phones and smart phones and will never even see what a regular "old" phone looks like.

It just boggles the mind.


No comments: