Monday, June 11, 2012

Chainmail

These are the pieces I got done this past week
 Seems like lately I've been on 2 kicks with my jewelry, chainmail and steampunk.  Those 2 just happen to be what's selling the best right now, but I have to ask the chicken and egg question.  Am I selling these more because I'm enjoying making them so much and people can tell I'm excited about these pieces, or I am making them more and getting jazzed because they are doing so well?   Either way I'm going to ride the wave and enjoy myself for as long as it lasts.  Hopefully a long long time because I really do enjoy making these.  My goal this week is to learn another chainmail pattern that is fast enough to be sell-able.  What I mean by that is I need to be able to make them fast enough to afford to sell them for what I'm selling them for.  I don't have time to get into pricing issues, ( should blog on that one of these days) but I like to price things fairly and yet still turn profit.  That dilemma is almost as old and the chicken and the egg question!
this is my crazy quilt piece.. each section is a different color combo.  there is no repeats with color/shape.  Have I mention how much I love color ?

1 comment:

AliMc said...

Love the colors in your chainmaille! Where are you getting these great rings?