Saturday, June 9, 2012

What I bought last weekend......

I named him Peter
side

 I occasionally buy (or trade) at art shows from my fellow artists, but after 10 + years of doing them, it's getting rarer and rarer.  But I absolutely fell in love with this guy!! This mug is made by Fairbanks pottery and Nancy Fairbanks had her booth set up at the Countryside Art Fair last weekend.  While her pottery is dishwasher and microwave safe, I bought him to be one of my desk companions in the studio for inspiration.  ( I still have my Jack mug of course! )

the tail is soooo cute!
I love the color on this, it makes me think of the most comfy old jeans you own.  I love the expression on him, like he's thinking of doing something wrong and just waiting for me to look away long enough to pull off his mischief!

So there you have it, the item that has tempted me this year.  It feels good to yield to temptation once in a while.

1 comment:

Shai Williams said...

I wouldn't have been able to resist either. I collect both unique mugs and cats. And well Peter is perfect.