Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! 2013

My Christmas present to the business... a color laser printer.  I've wanted one of these bad boys for years!
Happy New Year everyone!

I don't have much to say today.. I'm too busy finishing up end of year inventory, working on commissions and catching up on several other projects.

I won't have any shows until May ( except for a few home shows) so it's definitely time to catch up business records, updating website/blog/etsy stores --- and hopefully to make new pieces of jewelry.  I love this time of year, because I can afford to take the time to make bigger pieces, and "allow" myself to make mistakes cause that's where some of the best designs come from.  Without the pressure of production, I can learn new techniques and polish ones that take longer than an hour of time.  If a week goes by and I get 2 pieces done, it's all OK.  During show season I need to get 2-4 pieces done a night.  Even if you love what you are doing, that takes a toll.  I haven't made much of anything in the past month, and I'm getting that lovely, itching feeling ... that desire to make stuff again.  I love that feeling-- I'm so very glad it's back!

And I can fire up the Kiln again!   I'm planning on cleaning it thoroughly and start up glass runs this weekend- next weekend at the latest.


And New year resolutions?? Well, I just don't want to go there, except maybe try to stay flexible.  This year will be a great one for changes and I think just being flexible is the best I can do.  I think it's the only one I can make and be honest with myself and actually obtain as a goal.

OH! I know.... keep a sense of humor.  Sort of goes along hand in hand with staying flexible.  If I can still laugh about something, it's all going to be OK in the end.

So ..... flexible and humor.  It's gonna be an interesting year! 


No comments: