Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Hop... so it begins......

O my Gosh! my Blog pardner said such nice things about me! I'm blushing!!  She's received what I've sent so I'm showing a few pics of it today.  I haven't gotten mine yet -- and since I"m leaving for Omaha / South Dakota tomorrow I won't see it now til I get back next week ( whaw!!! I really want to see what she send me!!)

I'l be honest here, I originally was going send some of the swellegent samples I've been playing with, but after reading the rules, it's right on the line of what's not allowed.. and my partner already likes to work with found / upcycled items, so I switched tracks to give her something different.  Looking through my private stash I found this little lady, and realized her time has come.  I bought her probably close to 15 years ago when Sylvie Lansdowne  had a huge sale on her beads.. otherwise I probably couldn't have afforded her.  And I was sooo surprised when I received the fairy bead she sent a bunch of spacers to match! Great lady, great lampwork artist!  I love this little fairy ( the hair especially is fantastic!) but looking at it, I knew it was what I needed to send to Maria.  It's such a happy bead!  

A mix of vintage glass beads, sterling silver butterfly clasp, crystals, and lampwork fairy and spacers.

Look at the hair! it's beyond fab!
I've enjoyed having it in my stash all these years, but it's time it had a good home and transform into lovely jewelry... Go Maria Go!

No comments: