Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sneak peek and Marshalltown this Saturday

This is what's on my desk this week... I'm working a larger themed necklace.  I'm not sure I can get it done because I only get the odd hour here or there during the week...  but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully I can get it done for this weekend's show Linncreek in Marshalltown.   I've been wanting to play with Greek myths for awhile, and I've always thought Medusa had a bad rap in mythology.  Depending on which story you follow, she never caught a break and becomes more important / famous after her death.  
I want to capture that iconic feel to the myth but in a kinder, gentler way.  I'm going to incorporate watch and clock parts of course, so I'm thinking of naming this one Time Medusa. 
The "hair" is a octopus turned upside down.  To make the moon face fit, I had to bash the poor thing's head in. 

No comments: