Monday, October 22, 2018

Show this Saturday for a an important cause!!

 Flute parts, read to go, and more earrings than you can shake a stick at... all of the earrings have vintage parts.. starting left to right, clock, clock, watch, sewing machine and watch !
I'm very pleased to be doing HERetics Bazaar this coming Saturday -- 11-5pm

It's held at UAW Local 450 - 4589 NW 6th Dr, Des Moines, IA 50313.  It supports women's health by donating proceeds to Planned Parenthood.

In this time we need to stand together to protect things that are important to us, like health care for women without judgment, shame or high cost. 

It amazes me how messed up stuff is right now, because the "one" issue folks have with planned parenthood is the least thing they do.

I can remember being a collage kid 30 years ago, going to planned parenthood for birth control and general check up on my lady parts.... I went back then because it was the only place I could afford, and frankly the staff was all women... and as a shy, inexperience young woman, I didn't want to strip down for a guy doctor. 

I'm glad I had access to clinics I could afford.. even after I became sexually active and in the first few years of marriage, I still went to PP  for the cost.  My hubby and I got to plan when we were ready for a family, which is the whole freaking point.

Raising a daughter, I've had many frank discussions on sex and female health with her, and while we now go to a regular family doctor for both our needs, I have real INSURANCE, and she gets' to share it til she hits 26.

But not everyone can! 

  We have to protect access to birth control (which btw is the # 1 way to prevent abortions ) and clinics that can service women's health screenings for cancer and other nasties.

So I support Planned Parenthood. 

If you do too, this is a fun way to help -- we will also be collecting for a local woman's shelter -- they are looking for non perishable foods, baby items, toiletries, hygiene products or gently used clothing to help out those in need.

And I have a deal for you -- if you show me what you are donating and buy jewelry, I will give you 10% off,

so come out on Saturday, enjoy art and crafts, food, baked good and good will for all.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web page, because i wish for enjoyment,
for the reason that this this web page conations in fact good
funny material too.