Friday, August 3, 2007

Year of Jewelry Week 31: Off Topic go figure !

This weeks' theme is Volcanic / Vulcan's Forge. Just couldn't get a handle on it, decided not to get so hung up on themes and make what feels good. I just got these copper watch heads in last week, been dying to make something with them.. and I've been dying to make a watch band with wire! I had to look something up in an old issue of Wire Artist, and hit this design! The original used pearls and kept the middle components open, but I like how mine turned out, they make me think of butterflies! Made with copper wire (16Ga + 24 Ga) Venetian style beads, pearls and crystals.





Boy that was such a good mag, wish it was still being publish, wish the back issues I'm missing were not so expensive!! I found this earring design in another back issue, kind of fun to make. I am doodling designs of making a necklace using components like this. Last of the show and tell is a pearl bracelet. This is woven using fireline. It has lovely drape!!






1 comment:

The bad Liz said...

You go girl!! You are really kicking some serious booty with your new designs!!