Monday, August 13, 2007

YOJ: Week 32: Molten Metal / The Alchemist's Crucible

Wooo hoo!! I'm very very pleased with this piece!!! I finished it Weds? last week, just running a day behind getting it posted. Week's 32 theme is Molten metal, and what is better than Hematite and sterling swirls??? I made a few pendants out of donuts with this pattern, and thought at the time it would look pretty kewl as connectors for a bracelet. I found these hematite donuts ( maybe 20mm? ) and I knew they would be just prefect!! I had 7 of them total, 5 to make the bracelet and 2 for earrings. When I got the links done, I looked around in my clasp stash and tried to decide what looked best. I ended up making my own toggle, which I've never done before, I'm very pleased with the ring part.. my bar needs work! But still for a 1st toggle, I'm very please with myself!!!








The earrings are so cute I want' to keep them, but I've carded them. (If they don't sell quickly I'm going to keep them!! heheeheheeh) Made with 20 GA wire. I got a question the other day on just how much stuff I can make in a week. That's a good question. I don't really have a pat answer, and my output varies greatly. I still work full time, and with a family, I sometimes do not get as much creative time as I would like. This pictures shows all the items I've actually finished from Sunday 8/5/07 to Fri 8/10/07. Now I've got several projects ongoing. Below is a sneak peek at Week 34 project, unless i get an idea that's actually on topic! LOL I've got a few bracelet ideas and a pendant I'm actively working on. I also need to spend time each week with administrative chores associated with running a business at home, answering questions, keeping records and ugh! doing sales tax for various states. (1 ugh! isn't enough here: UGH!) Good question, keep them coming!

No comments: