Thursday, November 3, 2016

7 day jewelry challenge day 4 Liberty Fairy

I've been nominated for the 7 day jewelry challenge by Lyn Joy Reeve.  Thanks Lyn!  It's a Facebook challenge on one of the groups I belong to, and I thought it might be fun to share.  The idea is to share for 1 week a piece a day that is important to you in some fashion that you have made.

This is one of my lady Liberty Fairies.  I made 4 of them total, all had colorful fairy wings with a lady liberty, but from there all of them explored different aspects of freedom.  I used a large cog from a adding machine, watch face, clock key, and the standard tag is from a sewing machine.

This one is about breaking free from expectations, and flying free.  it's hard to see but the key has "journey" on it.  Cause art is all about the journey, not the destinations!

This statement piece is still available through Five Monkeys Inc, gallery website 

No comments: