Sunday, November 6, 2016

7 day jewelry challenge day 7 - pretty as a picture

I've been nominated for the 7 day jewelry challenge by Lyn Joy Reeve.  Thanks Lyn!  It's a Facebook challenge on one of the groups I belong to, and I thought it might be fun to share.  The idea is to share for 1 week a piece a day that is important to you in some fashion that you have made.


I'm using this piece as my 7th day piece because I loved how this turned out, and it has a more "formal" feel than many of my pieces.  I used this great brass stamping tag in a rectangle shape.  when I looked at it it looked like to me a great vintage frame for a picture.  I instantly thought I could make like a mini-portrait using it as the base.  I ended up "drawing" outside the lines, but I still think the design works.  I have a couple more tags like this in my stash -- I feel like I still have things to say artistically about mini-portraits.

No comments: