Thursday, July 15, 2021

So I hurt my back......

I don't know what I did, but I did something.  I've had back issues before, but never like this.  There are times when I can hardly walk across the room without my back seizing and spasming.  It feels like everything can trigger my back - sitting, walking, just breathing sometimes. It's "soft tissue injury" per the Doc which makes it sound like it shouldn't be anything right?  Wrong.  I am now on a couple of drugs and on a weight limit -and no driving.  

This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now, and today, finally, I think i see light at the end of the tunnel.  I think it's getting better-- it's hard to tell really.  But today I've actually ventured into the studio and made a few pieces.  Not sure what that will do to my back, but boy, it's food for the soul! 


Anyway, here are some newer pieces I'm pretty pleased with.  



This piece is using recycled jewelry bits, vintage watch parts and vintage crystals.  The mirror made me think of a little walled off pond, so the dragonfly is hovering over flowers growing in the water. At least that is what I saw when`I made it.

 
I love playing with vintage pocket watch parts! I love using partial plates as my background.  In this case, I added crystals --- 
and this time I added an eyeball and salvaged the matching chain from broken jewelry!


No comments: