Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The meaning of Keys

So my daughter got hit by a truck - a drunk driver - last summer.  That's why 2021 will live in my mind as the absolutely worse year of my life -- and the absolutely best year, cause she's survived.
It was so close.  
I was working at the time on a series of necklaces recycling cute parts of a bracelet with words on them.  I stop working on them of course -- except for one, that simply said "breathe" .  That one I finished and I started wearing, and I wore it almost every day for the 2 months I was off work, helping my daughter as she learned to walk again.
It got me through.  It reminded me that as long as she is here, we could get through this.  One breath at a time.  It's one of my most treasured necklaces now, and everytime I wear it I feel more balanced, stronger.
I finally got back to making jewelry, and I finished the necklaces.  I've already sold some of them at pickers, but I'll have have the rest ready to go for Farmer's Market.
I use to think wearing "power words" was stupid.  They are not.  Sometimes you really need to see it everyday, to remind you.  Sometimes you are so numb you can only handle one or 2 words at a time.
So, if you are down, then maybe you need something to remind you to "be Happy" .  Maybe you are going through something hellish, maybe you need to remember to be "strong" and "stay positive" .

Just remember, one breath at a time.

No comments: